Sunday, June 12, 2011

Red and Oh So Sweet!

Last year was our first year picking strawberries, I just about missed the season. This year, I've been keeping tabs on a local strawberry farm just down from our house. We even brought Ben along to help us with our efforts. Jake was old enough this year to walk along side of us and eat what he picked. He was a mess by the time we were finished. I had to remind the big boys to only pick the red ones, not the green or orange ones. Thank goodness I was making freezer jam with them...it calls for a ton of sugar!





Sorry to all those that aren't on my visiting teaching route...this was there June treat with visit!

4 comments:

gigi said...

Great job! I took zucchini bread this month. Sure wish I had some fresh strawberries. Yum!

ps: cute pictures!

mom h said...

How fun is that. It looks like all had a good time and the jam will bee so yummy love you all

dfish said...

Yum! Love that jam :)

Harris said...

Oh my gosh how fun! I had no idea that there was a strawberry farm. Man this is just another thing that makes me miss ohio. That Jam looks dang yummy too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...