Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Orange Julius

Ben and I have sort of started a little tradition...we like to make yummy treats after we get the boys to bed. Well, let me rephrase that first sentence...it should read, Ben and I have sort of started a BAD HABIT...eating to close to bed time! Some of these treats include: ice cream and brownies, whirly pop popcorn with melted butter on top, diet cokes on tap from the BP on the corner of Clemens and Crocker (they have popcorn ice), and last but not least...The Orange Julius.
What makes this treat one of our favorites...it goes down smooth every time. Ben blends it to perfection, every piece of ice is shaved so small, not one odd shaped chunk in the mix. It's so wonderful, that it leaves you wanting more. Well, today is your lucky day because I'm feeling generous...yes, I'm going to share our recipe for this delightful treat...no no, no need to thank me...Okay, I can't take all the credit, it's really Debbie Weight's recipe. I think of her every time I take a slurp, and now you can to...enjoy my friends!

Recipe as follows: (well, i just hollered over to Ben to give me the recipe, and he said, "Why...were are you putting it...not on your blog I hope...it's a secret recipe..no!"

Sorry folks...you'll have to come over some time and join us instead. We usually get things started around 8:30pm...see ya then!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

we have yummy treats too. The kids are always coming down saying "Hey why do you guys get. . ." I just tell them when they are grown up then they can stay up and have treats too.

Susan said...

A secret recipe? Well, I can respect that but for fun, here's ours....gotten from Beverly Nye who used to be our ward/stake RS president and then went on to TV fame:

Orange Delicious
1 frozen can of orange juice concentrate
1-1/2 cups cold water
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 tray of ice cubes

Mix in blender, adding ice slowly. whirl til blended.

Can be made extra good for breakfast by adding an egg, wheat germ, honey but who wants extra good. Our Bosch mixer is great for this. I think I'll have to blog this recipe and stories on my own blog.

but good for you for sharing special before bed treats. It makes a couple's time together, important.

Max and Deborah said...

Very sneaky... if we get treats at night we have to be sneaky. My oldest daughter has a nose like no other. She will wake up out of a dead sleep if she smells of or hears anyone in the kitchen. Thats it I just need a bigger house.

Kate said...

That's just cruel! :P

Emily said...

Oh your so funny. Ha Ha. I was getting all excited. Anyway, sorry I didn't come over, Chris headed out with the boys to Michells so I'm still stuck over here.

lexi said...

Ha Ha! I have Debbie Weight's recipe too and LOVE it!! Keith and I have the same bad habit, I mean tradition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...